How to get my prototype visible in iPad viewer?

Dear all,

I must have missed something. I installed the iOS Antetype viewer. But how do I get my prototype from the Mac to the viewer? Where to store it in what format?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Hi isotizer,

the iOS Antetype viewer uses the Web Viewer-format. The easiest way is to:

• export your prototype as “Web Viewer” image
  • Compress the folder in Finder: image
  • and use AirDrop to send it to your iPad

On your iPad you can choose the “iOS Antetype Viewer” to open the zip-file.

Does this help?

Cheers,

Felix

PS: While you develop your prototype you can use the “Live Preview” in the viewer (just like in a browser) and don’t need to go through all these steps …

Hello Felix,

You made my day!

It works like you described. I didn’t know about the compress and AirDrop ’tricks’.

And it looks great! Also the scripts work.

My prototype needs to work on both a Mac and iPad to demonstrate the required flexibility and implementation of the large app.

It’s a B2B app.

That’s why I need to switch to iPad once in a while and it is a great demo!

As a side note: I am an AnteType user already for many years and I am a great fan. Like many others I thought AnteType was ‘dead’, until I found out about the new version. This one has really a great potential and I’m glad that you guys are back in business.

Thanks for your quick support and have a great weekend!

Cees

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. If “disrupt” was used in a less inflationary way these days, I would say that’s what Antetype has the potential to do to the world of prototyping apps.

Maybe you know this already, but if you’re on the same network, you can use live view in the viewer app.

Aside from that, thanks for your support :slight_smile:

I didn’t know about this feature. Works very nice when testing. Thanks.