Finished prototype

I have now finished my first test. This was fun, I look forward to my next project with Antetype. Keep up the great work guys, I really hope this is going to come out of beta soon. 99% of everything I did already worked flawlessly. If you can fix the break points, this is going to knock everything else out of the park. Most prototyping apps out there are very well suited to doing mobile app designs (which I haven’t even tested for Antetype so it may very well also be good at that!). When it comes to good old honest-to-god desktop apps, there is very little out there that is capable of competing with Antetype. Admittedly, floating and resizable windows need a bit of Javascript but the fact that you can use it, together with CSS, makes for a very powerful tool. I was able to knock up this prototype in a few evenings/weekends, starting from scratch and I can honestly say that this would have taken me weeks of hard work in Origami.
Thanks for your help @tim @fizfaz @dominic.lill.

https://upload.extragroup.de/sm/scm/Maestro/viewer.html

[edit] This is best viewed in Chrome. Safari will butcher some of the animations, Firefox will make triangles square and Edge will do both :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Impressive prototype!

[edit] This is best viewed in Chrome. Safari will butcher some of the animations, Firefox will make triangles square and Edge will do both :slight_smile:

Currently we lean toward only supporting Chrome and Safari (since we use it internally in Antetype and for iOS). Would this be enough for your requirements?

Beggars can’t be choosers. :slight_smile: It’s certainly fine for beta but I guess it’s kinda hard to tell people which browser to use when viewing prototypes. You’re not far off anyway. The only thing that isn’t working on Safari is the animation in the splash screen and FF makes triangles square (but I could have used an SVG instead of Antetype’s generic triangles).

BTW once the prototype has loaded, you can click on the float icon in the app window title bar. The window will change from maximised to floating. It would be awesome if I could make the ribbon break at defined points when the application window gets resized.